If you’re planning a live or hybrid event, you will need an event ticket design—one that excites your event’s attendees, reflects your brand, relays event details, and keeps your entrance and seating (if it’s reserved) organized, which makes the job easier for event staff. In essence, your custom event tickets need to balance form and function.
Before we go over how you can design tickets for your upcoming event (and pass on some bonus ticket sales tips), a little inspiration is in order! After all, coming up with the perfect ticket design is much easier when you’ve got examples. To that end, we’ve mined a few gems used in actual Eventgroove customer events.
Event Ticket Ideas
All of the below custom printed tickets and posters/flyers were created by the amazing Eventgroove design team!
Bonus design inspo!
Four Ways to Make Event and Raffle Tickets
Below are the four most common ways event organizers get stunning tickets. We’ve listed them from easiest to hardest in terms of design skills to help you decide.
- Have a custom event ticket design created and then produced by a professional ticket printer like Eventgroove! Alternatively, you can employ a graphic designer and then pass the file on to us for printing.
- Choose an event ticket template with a motif that reflects your theme. All you have to do is add important information about your event. If you use any of Eventgroove’s thousands of templates, we’ll take care of the printing (it’s super affordable and you’ll have your order in no time). However, there are some free event ticket template options available on the internet. For those, you’ll likely have to score some perforated card stock and have access to a quality printer.
- Use an online ticket maker such as our Design Your Own Ticket tool. This method enables you to create a design from scratch through a blank template equipped with all kinds of creative tools, graphics, and more. When you use Eventgroove’s ticket maker, we’ll take care of the printing—satisfaction is guaranteed.
- Design and print your own tickets at home. For this option, design experience is definitely a plus, as is a quality home printer. Sturdy perforated ticket card stock is a must!
Bonus Event Ticket Sales Tips
- Make sure your event’s online presence and printed event collateral complement one another. Your event site and social media (such as your Facebook cover) all need to be visually cohesive. This helps create brand recognition as well as credibility.
- Sell tickets online and be sure to share the link to your event ticket sales site across all your social media networks.
- Capture last-minute guests by selling tickets at the door (or wherever you are). The Eventgroove platform is totally mobile-optimized and enables you to record cash or credit card sales wherever you are from your browser…no app needed!
For more event ticket design ideas, browse our massive template range and check out the mecca of all things inspo: Pinterest. If you’d like to talk to our team about having stunning tickets created for your upcoming event, call 888.771.0809, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our custom ticket design page.
P.S. Trying to figure out the right ticket price? Check out our handy event ticket price calculator!
Back to blog Back to top