Table tents are mini billboards! Typically printed on sturdy card stock and displayed on tables, counters, or any flat, eye-level surface, you’ve probably seen them out in the wild at restaurants and bars. You’ve likely even ordered whatever was advertised on them, which speaks to their efficacy as marketing pieces.
Table tents (also known as table talkers or table tent cards) aren’t just for restaurants—they’re also great promotional tools for retail businesses, spas, fundraising events, and schools. If you’ve got a special offer in the works or an event coming up, table tents are an excellent way to communicate that to the community.
In this article, we’ll talk about why you should incorporate table tents into your marketing strategy (including table talkers with QR codes), how to make them, and some of the basics regarding their makeup.
Four Reasons Table Tents Are Terrific Marketing Tools
- If placed where there’s a captive audience, your message is sure to be delivered! As anyone who’s ever stood in line knows, you end up looking around, and boom! The table tent has caught your attention, and you’ve read all about a little league fundraiser, new spa service, or pub game night.
- You can put QR codes on table tents, which, when used in restaurants or businesses, is helpful as a quick way for customers to access menus or offerings. For anyone raising money for a cause, including a QR code brings a whole other level of awesome. Here’s why—you can have the code direct users straight to your fundraising site, where they can instantly donate or buy an online raffle ticket. Check out how one of our rotary customers used QR codes to raise $40,000 for their community!
- If you’re promoting a fundraiser, table tents are prime sponsorship opportunities for local businesses. In return for displaying table tents in a local café, you can display a sponsor’s logo on the tent and other marketing pieces.
- They’re affordable—you can get 25 custom printed for around $40! So, the ROI (return on investment) is excellent.
How To Make Table Tents
- Making table tents in Word is definitely a thing. However, it can also be somewhat of a hassle since you must design them, get the correct card stock, and print them yourself. Therefore, we’d argue that the cost savings vs. the time and money spent are not necessarily worth the effort!
- Print-on-demand table talkers are simpler to organize. All you need to do is choose a pre-designed template and add your text (and sometimes images, depending on the template). From there, you approve your proof, pay, and you’re done! Plus, in the case of Eventgroove (our company!), your order will be printed and on its way within one business day.
- Finally, you can work with someone to have them custom designed. Doing so may take slightly longer since you’re creating unique artwork. It is also likely to cost a little more.
Table Talkers 101
What size are table tents?
Though you can have table tents custom made in all sorts of sizes, Eventgroove’s measure 5.5″ x 6.75″ at the face when folded.
What are they printed on?
Generally, table talkers are printed on sturdy, stiff card stock. Doing so ensures they’ll remain upright and can be picked up and handled without immediately falling apart. They can also be laminated for an extra layer of protection.
How do they stand up?
Typically, table tents are designed with an interlocking base and packed flat in the box. When you’re ready to distribute them, just fold, interlock the base, and you’re done!
Where do I put table tents?
- It depends on what you’re promoting! If you own the business, restaurant, gym, or spa and are marketing an in-store item, place them wherever you like! Places such as tabletops, in the bathroom, or by the register are all excellent choices.
- If you’re marketing a fundraiser, go to local businesses and offices and ask if they’d display them for you.
Ready to test the table tent waters? You won’t be disappointed with the results! Though low tech, they’re a super way to get the word out! To get started making your table tent design, click the button below.
Back to blog Back to top